RE: [Xen-devel] [patch] more correct pfn_valid()

  • To: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Scott Parish" <srparish@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 16:56:01 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 19 May 2005 08:55:39 +0000

Thanks and that's make it clearer now. So just for last confirmation
(sorry for tedious):
        1. If driver domN's 'physical' memory is set as 0 - 4G
continuously, and
        2. When dom0 does PCI bus init, machine mmio space is set
between [3G, 3G+512M] (Take a large range for example),

Under above 2 conditions, current paravirtualized implementation can
clearly handle between:
        1. A normal access to 'physical' 3G + 4k address, and
        2. Access to machine mmio address 3G + 4k of some physical
device

Is that assumption right? BTW, will that make some complexities for
non-access operation, like comparison upon some address?

Thanks a lot,
- Kevin