Re: [Xen-devel] Tracking changes to writable page tables

Jacob Gorm Hansen wrote:
Ian Pratt wrote:

Hmm, I can see that the current model makes like difficult for you
(though self-migration is a pretty twisted thing to be trying to do
anyway :-)

Hmm while we are discussing twisted things; would it be possible to implement writable page tables in the guest rather than in Xen?

On a related note, is there any way of querying the pinning status of pages from Xen? I used to have two global bitmaps in the guest, one for l1 and one for l2, but I suppose I could just as well add a get-pinned-status(mfn) hypercall to Xen, if there is not one already?

Or I could add this info to struct page in Linux.

thanks,
Jacob