[Xen-devel] Re: Problem with Dell Poweredge 1850

Barry Flanagan wrote:

> Rob See wrote:
>
>> All,
>>

>> I seem to be experiencing the same problem that Michal Urbanski talked
>> about in an email dated March 24th with a subject of "hanging dell
>> hardware". Looking through the archives I can not find any resolution to
>> the problem. The specs on my machine are
>

> Hi,
>
> I had the same problem, and found that recompiling the xen0 kernel without
> any USB support fixed it. Over 100 days uptime running 3 busy servers
> since then.

Wow, I spoke too soon. today I added a new (3rd) guest, and now it is
back to the spontaneous reboot every couple of minutes.

I have now upgraded from 2.0.3 to 2.0.5 and same result.

I am running on a Dell SC1600 with IDE drives. Debian Sarge in dom0 with
the 2.6.10 kernel.

-Barry Flanagan

--

-Barry Flanagan