[Xen-devel] HD throughput

Hi!

I've made some dd throughput measurements of my xen installation. My reference
throughput is a dd on a partition very close to where my xen
images/partitions are. I've found that the throughput of my image-backed xen
instance is at around 93% of my reference, while the throughput of my
partition-backed xen instance is at around 50%.

Is there an explanation for this? I had expected it to be vice versa just like
the xen manual itself.
--
Marcus