Re: [Xen-devel] PAE xen + linux kernel boots ...

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 02:03:17PM +0200, Gerd Knorr wrote:

> Well, now it does, boots up to a login prompt ;)

I'm still not quite there, but the attached patch gets me a lot
closer.

The hypervisor was taking a pagefault in ptwr_emulated_update() when
pl1e (a map_domain_mem() mapped page) was dereferenced to be
copied. pl1e is a 64 bit type with pae, but only the first 4 bytes
were getting mapped, and there was a case where pl1e would straddle
a page boundary, so it was all over when the high bits were read.

There's probably a better solution, but this at least got me past
linux's kernel_physical_mapping_init(), which is where i was
consistently crashing.

sRp

--
Scott Parish