[Xen-devel] A simple XenBus Daemon prototype.

Hi all,

        I've been working on the storage and daemon for maintaining device and
machine state for Xen.  Based somewhat loosely on designs by Mike Wray
and Anthony Liguori, as well as comments from Kier Fraser, it is now at
0.1 stage.  It's not actually useful yet, however.

TODO:
        1) Various tweaks Mike Wray asked for: more valid chars in
        nodenames and ability to treat nodes/directories as
        interchangable.
        2) Add new fields in the start_info_t which new domains can use
        to talk to the daemon, have the domain builder tell the XenBus
        Daemon about them.
        3) Transactions
        4) More tests in the testsuite
        5) Other bugfixes.

For the moment, while it's not integrated with Xen, I've use bzr
(http://bazaar-ng.org ), but you can download and test ths source
without needing to use it.

Download the source via rsync:

        rsync -avz ozlabs.org::rusty/xenbus-daemon .

Feedback welcome!
Rusty.
--
A bad analogy is like a leaky screwdriver -- Richard Braakman