RE: [Xen-devel] recent changes to writable page tables on -unstable andxend

  • To: "Kip Macy" <kip.macy@xxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 00:56:21 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 23:55:59 +0000

> Any thought on which of the recent writable pagetable changes
> could be causing an update to fail where it succeeded on xen
> 6 days ago?

As I recall, we were taking the emulation path every time until quite
recently. Are you sure you were actually using writeable pagetables
before?

You probably want to augment the debug message to print out a bit more
about the old and new pte, page type, and which pages are in wrpt mode.

Ian