Re: [Xen-devel] policies on coredump

> I'm soliciting opinions on where domU coredumps should be put,

/var/xen/dump/ perhaps?

> if they
> should be enabled by default

Hrrrmmmmm.  I guess I'd err towards not enabling them by default - as long as
we document it (fancy including a patch to the user manual? ;-)).  This is on
the grounds that people who will use this feature will know who they are and
go switch it on.

> and what the default naming convention
> should be.

Howsabout domainname.{0,1,2,3...} ?  The textual domain name will be available
in Xend and is a bit more useful than the domid, particularly if you're
running many domains.

> This will probably all have to change when capabilities are
> added, but in the meantime I'd like to know before I submit a patch.

I don't think capabilities are coming up for a while, though I've not heard
anything about it recently.  I bet you can get your patch in first anyhow ;-)

Are you planning to hook into Xend's reaper function to do this automatically
and / or provide an xm command for manual dumps?

Cheers,
Mark