Re: [Xen-devel] Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address e9042464

On 27 Apr 2005, at 10:49, Bin Ren wrote:

I pulled the latest unstable bits, compiled xen, xen0, xenU and tools
with my customized config files, run them on an AMD Sempron test
machine, start xend (which is fine) but as soon as I try to create a
domain with "xm create vmid=1 -c", kernel panics. My fix at least
makes it work here. Hope this is helpful.

I don't want a patch in the tree until we understand why it fixes the problem. As far as I can see nothing depends on valid m2p entries before the domain boots, nor should rounding of mem_kb matter. Obviously one of these things *does* matter, because your patch fixes the crash. :-) But we should understand the bogus behaviour rather than obscure it.

This is all not helped by the fact that noone here in the lab can reproduce the problem. :-((

 -- Keir