Re: [Xen-devel] Poor network performance in domU in unstable

Jacob Gorm Hansen wrote:
hi,

with unstable as of April 21st, I am getting fairly bad networking performance in my domUs, e.g 125Mbits/s TCP with iPerf over a gigabit link, where dom0 gets around 700Mbits/s.

This is with a non-debug build of Xen, with a bridged setup created with vmtools, and both with and without use of grant tables.

If I run Xen with hyperthreading enabled, the figure improves somewhat, to 165Mbits/s in domU.

Is anyone else seeing the same behaviour with unstable? Is there some magic switch I need to flip (that perhaps vmtools does not know about) to prevent domain I/O being throttled by Xen?

This seems to have been a configuration issue, as instead of migrating my old .config files using the arch/xen/config/* files got domU back to normal performance.

Thanks,
Jacob