Re: [Xen-devel] Poor network performance in domU in unstable

Jacob Gorm Hansen wrote:

Steven Hand wrote:

with unstable as of April 21st, I am getting fairly bad networking performance in my domUs, e.g 125Mbits/s TCP with iPerf over a gigabit link, where dom0 gets around 700Mbits/s.

Is this vanilla Xen/XenLinux or have you any local changes?

This is the vanilla versions, except using vmtools instead of xend. I will try this with xend and report back to see if that helps anything.

I am actually seeing the same thing, about 215 Mbit on domU using NAT. I don't beleive I saw this before April 21st as well.

> Always worth upgrading to latest unstable in any case; binary chop
> on csets can help narrow things down.

Yes, unfortunately the latest unstable crashes dom0 on domain creation (as described by me and others on the list), which is why I picked at random semi-recent version instead.

Domain creation has crashed for me since 1.1367, and recent builds wont fully boot dom0 for me.

-Andrew