Re: [Xen-devel] xend leaks/bugs/etc

On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 10:15 -0500, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> >Finally, the xend code seems to trust input it receives from domains
> >which is incompatible with the architectural goal of VM isolation.
> >
> This is a very big problem.  One very difficult issue to address is
> how to deal with very hostile domains that may attempt DoS attacks by
> flooding their own console.

This isn't really a xend issue. I'm not sure this *can* be addressed,
and I believe other hypervisors have this problem as well.

At some point, you have to acknowledge there will be *some* resource
sharing among otherwise isolated domains. Switching domains on a single
CPU will increase cache misses; domains doing lots of (valid and
allowed) IO will reduce shared bus bandwidth for other domains; etc...

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center