Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Xen requirments document

> core.dynamic.memory - I'm not sure if it is possible yet to
> boot a domain with less memory than its maximum, and grow
> the domain's memory later through the balloon driver

It used to work but right now it seems to be broken (at least in the unstable
tree).

> we're missing an io.device.virt.discovery - in order to
> be able to install into, and manage, a virtual machine,
> the OS needs the ability to discover what virtual devices
> are present - exporting through sysfs would work fine.
> Since this is a requirement for many system administration
> tools (eg. kudzu), this should probably be a Xen v3.0 target

They do appear in sysfs, though, don't they?  I remember that kudzu, anaconda,
etc. didn't recognise them but I never knew why...

> io.protocol.ipsec and io.protocol.ipv6 seem to just work,
> by virtue of Xen emulating ethernet instead of any particular
> protocol - at least ipv6 works in bridging mode, I haven't
> tried routed mode yet, nor ipsec

They *should* all work ;-)

Cheers,
Mark