Re: [Xen-devel] Diskless boot at cambridge

Kip Macy wrote:
I am using Grub 0.95 with an UNDI patch I found somewhere, that means I
can PXE-boot from some (at least e1000) network adapters not directly
supported by Grub.

Thanks. Do you know offhand if that supports the tg3 chip?

No, sorry I don't. If you can't get the tg3 working another option is to drop in an eepro100 or old 3com just for use with Grub.

I would recommend NFS for debug-rootfs, as with iSCSI you still have a
chance of corrupting the fs image.

Do you export a separate mount point to each client, or do you have
something like cluster NFS?

What I usually do for debugging is share the same mount point, and then mount /tmp and other similar stuff from a ramdisk formatted at boot, or from tmpfs.

Jacob