RE: [Xen-devel] Bug tracking system

  • To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Anthony Liguori <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 16:08:31 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 20:54:54 +0000

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 15:49, Ian Pratt wrote:

> We discussed this a bit at the summit. We have 'trac' set up and ready
> to go, but we weren't planning on announcing it until we fork off
> 3.0-testing around the end of May/ beginning of June. If there was
> strong demand, we'd obviously revist this, but my impression is that the
> mailing lists are working effectively and bugs generally get fixed
> pretty quickly. (Last week and this have been a bit tough because of the
> summit and now Usenix TC)

I personally think we need something for the interim.  I'm not sure
whether we need a full bug database but we at least need something to
keep a list of current issues. (Perhaps a page on the wiki?)

Regards,

> The other issue that was raised was whether we need to go with bugzilla
> to be able to integrate in to distro bug databases. We certainly prefer
> trac, but if we need the ability to assign bugs between databases, I
> guess we'll have to go with bugzilla.
> Any views?
>
> Thanks,
> Ian

Anthony Liguori
Linux Technology Center (LTC) - IBM Austin
E-mail: aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: (512) 838-1208