RE: [Xen-devel] http://www.fsmware.com/xenofreebsd/ dead?

Am Montag, den 11.04.2005, 13:58 +0100 schrieb Ian Pratt:
>  > I know, but i have no freebsd system to bootstrap from, so
> > i'm looking for a ready-to-go rootfilesystem. I think once
> > there has been a
> >
> >   <http://www.fsmware.com/xenofreebsd/5.3/mdroot-5.3-small.gz>
> >
> > or something like that.
>
> The demo CD has a FreeBSD root filesystem on it, along with a NetBSD and
> Debian Linux one too. I guess you could use this, until Kip get's
> fsmware back up.

Great, got it up & running 1h after i got your mail, worked out-of-the-
box! I love this list :)

While playing around with it, i realized that the demo xenofreebsd
kernel is very instable (segfaulting csh; hole system goes to lunch
while "xm list" thinks it's still running). And btw: "reboot" does not
work from inside (it just halts) and "xm shutdown freebsd" does nothing,
but this is a missing feature, not a bug, right?

I hope i manage to compile a more recent xenofreebsd kernel before it
crashes again ;)

/nils.

ps: anybody got a _simple_ /etc/xen/freebsd? This works for me -  more
or less:

  kernel  = "/boot/xenU/freebsd-5.3-xendemo-2.0.5"
  memory  = 64
  name    = "freebsd"
  nics    = 1
  vif     = [ 'mac=FE:FD:00:DE:AD:11' ]
  disk    = [ 'file:/home/xen/images/freebsd-5.3-
xendemo-2.0.5.test.slice,hda1,w' ]
  extra   = ",vfs.root.mountfrom=ufs:/dev/xbd0a"
  restart = 'onreboot'