[Xen-devel] PACKED in structure is xen.h - newbie (OT)

Hello ,

I am trying to learn a liitle about Xen by reading the source code.

I see that 'PACKED' appears in many structures;

for example :  in xen/include/public/xen.h:

typedef struct
{
   memory_t ptr;    /* Machine address of PTE. */
   memory_t val;    /* New contents of PTE.    */
} PACKED mmu_update_t;

What is this 'PACKED'? is it the __attribute__ ((__packed__)) of gcc (or something near)?

Is there somewhere a macro in Xen which defines it? (or is it a part of some gcc extension?)

Regards,
Sting