RE: [Xen-devel] PAE support revisited - questions

> I submitted a CONFIG_PAE patch, but Keir says PAE support
> will be determined at boot time, not compile time.
>
> Have you, Keir, and Ian gotten together to agree on common
> high-level strategy.

As Keir says, the ultimate goal is to use simple double compilation
tricks such that we can have one xen image that works both PAE and
non-PAE.
This is independent of actually getting PAE working, where I expect at
least for a while it will be a compilation option.

The point Keir was making was that it was pointless adding a CONFIG_PAE
compile option until there was at least some actual PAE code.

Thanks,
Ian