Re: [Xen-devel] domU Filesystems

Tupshin Harper wrote:

5) use your distro's procedure to bootstrap into a chroot environment (if it has one) such as debian's debootstrap or by using gentoo's stage3 installation approach. (none for RedHat9 that I'm aware of)

Here are the mechanisms I know and their requirements. I plan to put this in the Wiki as soon as it goes live (if it's not already there):

Gentoo
-------------
Requirements: wget
Note: See http://www.gentoo.org for additional mirrors

]# MIRROR=http://mirror.usu.edu/mirrors/gentoo
]# VERSION=2004.3
]# wget ${MIRROR}/releases/x86/2004.3/stages/i686/stage3-i686-${VERSION}.tar.bz2
]# tar xfj stage3-i686-${VERSION}.tar.bz2
]# mount -obind /dev dev
]# mount -obind /proc proc
]# chroot .
]# env-update
]# source /etc/profile
]# emerge sync && emerge portage

Debian
------------
Requirements: debootstrap (http://packages.debian.org/stable/admin/debootstrap) and perhaps apt

]# TARGET=sid
]# debootstrap ${TARGET} .

Fedora
Requirements: yum (Don't know how to install this on non-Fedora systems)

]# yum --installroot=. -y groupinstall Base

SuSE
---------
Does anyone know a distro-neutral way to install a SuSE root?

Regards,
Anthony Liguori

-Tupshin