RE: [Xen-devel] serial ports for console

> Hi, I am trying to get the Xen console messages sent to the
> serial port. I have a crossover cable to connect the two
> RS-232 ports on my computer. I intend to direct the message
> sent to ttyS0 to ttyS1 in dom0 and then use minicom to
> receive messages from ttyS1(smart trick?;). But unfortunately
> I can't open ttyS1 in dom0. How can I use both serial ports
> in dom0? or is there any other way to get the console
> messages using a single machine? Help please!

If your machine is alive enough to be able to read messages from its
other serial console port, you might as well just use 'xm dmesg'. The
main purpose of having a serial line is for when things have gone
smelly...

Currently, if you're using the serial port for Xen you can't use any of
the serial ports directly from dom0 (the UART driver isn't compiled into
the kernel, and won't work if it is). Now that we emulate iopl its
actually easy to fix this, so we'll do this shortly.

Ian