[Xen-devel] uclibc-dom0/xen 2.0.5 trivia

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Yvette <yentlsoup@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:36:51 -0600
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 03:38:11 +0000

Uclibc seems to come up occasionally in the lists, and since I use one
of my uclibc-based build images as a domU,  I thought I'd see for
myself if "no reason Xen _shouldn't work with a uclibc-based dom0"
meant that it _would_ work. (It's quite likely this has already been
addressed and I just missed it.) Admittedly I haven't stress-tested
the result, but the uclibc-based system seems to boot and bring up my
domains as well as the glibc-based one I normally use.

This was Xen 2.0.5, uclibc-snapshot circa July 2004, gcc 3.3.4 and
otherwise relatively standard components. I had to use a few normal
uclibc-type workarounds to get Xen to build (my image has the library
cache disabled, so any Xen check/build scripts that use "ldconfig -p |
grep something.so" fail; xentrace uses some things from argp, so one
would have  to get by without it or use the stand-alone),  but not
many.

Clearly this begs the question of if anybody would need or want such a
system. (I didn't, but now I have one...)

-Yvette