[Xen-devel] "virtual cluster" debug support

  • To: Xen Developers <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Kip Macy <kip.macy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:04:40 -0800
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 00:27:56 +0000

To my local tree I'm about to commit support for the notion of a
"virtual cluster" for debugging purposes. The idea is that when one
node (domain) in a cluster hits a breakpoint, all the other nodes are
paused so that the first node doesn't get voted out of the quorum. I'd
be very surprised if there are other potential users for this
functionality, but I'm asking just in case.

The current implementation is done in such a way as to minimally
perturb the existing interfaces to make it easy to carry it as an
outside patch indefinitely. However, if others might use, it could be
implemented more cleanly.

   -Kip