[Xen-devel] IMPORTANT: mailing lists moving

Folks,

I've talked about it a number of times, but now we're actually going to
do it: we want to move the mailing lists off sourceforge and onto one of
our own servers, so hopefully we can get messages delivered with
reasonable delay and in-order. The reordering problems that sourceforge
was suffering last week have been the final straw.

As well as moving the list server we'd like to create a new list
"xen-users", thus we'd have 4 lists in total:

  xen-devel     : for discussion about Xen development, and real bug
reports
  xen-users     : for questions about configuring and running Xen
  xen-announce  : a low volume list to announce new releases
  xen-changelog : automated list that posts notifications of checkins

The new list server is now open for subscriptions, but won't be sending
out email until the 'flag day' on Mon 28 March, when we'll close down
the old list so it bounces anything that's posted to it.

I'm sorry there's no transparent way of moving everyone over, but
without knowing everyone's subscription password that's not possible.

There's also a searchable archive of xen-devel available at the same
location, and also a link to a Xen source code browser
http://lxr.xensource.com. There'll be a wiki and bug tracker going live
in a few days too, once we've had a chance to preload some content. As
you'd expect, all these services are running in their own VMs on Xen :-)

Thanks go to James Bulpin for setting up and running all the new project
infrastructure.

Best,
Ian