RE: [Xen-devel] Interrupt levels

> On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 08:03:49AM -0000, Ian Pratt wrote:
> > At what point does the high interrupt rate start happening?
> > Does it happen with just dom0 running? When you start xend? When you
> > start dom1?
>
> As soon as I ssh into the machine. With just the services shown in 'ps
> axw' list running. ie. no xend.

With just a mostly idle dom0 running there's no way should be getting
50k interrupts a second. I think it must be being caused by a bad
interaction with one of your hardware devices. Could you try out the
beta of the graphical demo CD I posted a few days back and see if you
get the same problem. Since its running off CD it won't have a driver
for your scsi card, which might eliminate that as the candidate. I'm
also very interested in the USB setup on the machine. Can you boot it
with any usb modules moved out of the way so the kernel can't load them?

> How stable is testing at the moment?

I would defnitely use 2.0-testing over 2.0.4 at the moment -- we're on
the verge of releasing 2.0.5 but I want to understand your interupt
storm issue.

Ian