RE: [Xen-devel] x86-64 Xen development

Ian Pratt wrote:
>>      What is Intel's status on x86-64 work for Xen? Do require any
>> assistance on any remaining work to get Xen x86-64 enabled? We want
>> to have more public discussion on x86-64 Xen development.
>
> Jun,
>
> Please can you post the x86_64 dom0 domain builder so that Jerone can
> get to work on the user space builder.
>
> Are there any fixes we need to do to x86_64 xen? Have you an ETA on
> the dom0 checkin?

Ian,

I'm shooting the next week, in a week or so. We've been making steady
progress despite _numerous_ minor issus/problems. Jerone, it would be
helpful if you take a look at 32-bit apps support (i.e. what does it
take for us to support those in xenolinux64) because we are not
proactively looking at the area at this point.

There are a couple of minor fixes required in the hypervisor. For
example, check_descriptor() in arch/x86/x86-64/mm.c needs to shift bits
when comparing the value.
/* The guest can only safely be executed in ring 3. */
    if ( ((b & _SEGMENT_DPL) >> 13) !=  3) {
                goto bad;
    }
I'll send patches this week.

Jun