[Xen-devel] reboot issues and xm hangs {FC4]

I noticed some odd things with rebooting, xm list and xm console.
Possibly related to the thread: "Strange xend problem shutting down domains"

[This is all with FedoraCore4 2.6.10-1.1155_FC4]

Have domains 0, 1 and 2 running.

Run /sbin/reboot on domain1.

The domain halts but doesn't reboot.   Wait a few minutes.

Run 'xm list' on domain0.   It shows domain1 in shutdown state.
Immediately rerun 'xm list' on domain0.   It now shows domain1 in boot state.
[it's as though an xm list is necessary to reap some exit status]

But domain1 doesn't actually boot, or at least the console output doesn't
indicate so.

Run 'xm console <dom1id>' and it shows the final output of the halt, but no
boot messages:
        Please stand by while rebooting the system...
        md: stopping all md devices.
        md: md0 switched to read-only mode.
        Restarting system.

Quit out of the console with CTRL-]

At this point, running 'xm list' hangs.  Interrupting it shows that Python is
stuck on a recv.

Running 'init.d/xend restart', stops xend, waits, but fails to restart it.

Running 'init.d/xend start' gets things going again.

Thru all of this, domain2 is still fine.

At this point I can restart domain1 with xm create and all is well.

So, in short, reboot doesn't seem to work so good for me. I'm specifying
'restart=onreboot' in the config.

Tony