Re: [Xen-devel] openafs not supported?

>   I'm new to Xen world. As the first step I have tried to run debian stable
> which I'm running on my testing machine in domain 0 (no xend started yet, no
> virtual machines...). I'm using kernel 2.4.29, I have copied .config from my
> kernel tree and did "make ARCH=xen oldconfig" etc. Xen version is 2.0.4.
>
> Xen and kernel boots OK, but I'm not able to use openafs
> (1.2.11). Module libafs can be loaded, but afsd generated oops
> immediately.
>
> Is someone runnign openafs with xen? Should I try 2.6 kernel or create more
> simple domain 0 linux and run my version in virtual machine?

We have used openafs successfully in the past (with 2.4.x kernels too).
>From your somewhat vague description my best guess is that the module
you're loading is not "xen-enabled" and hence is trying to use ring 0
instructions or somesuch. However difficult to see without more info.

Can you post the backtrace you get after the module loads? And
in fact the boot output you get from Xen and XenLinux?

(also: I presume openafs is known working on your configuration
when not using Xen?)

cheers,

S.