Re: [Xen-devel] XenFreeBSD

visik7 wrote on 23/02/05 20:16:

Chris Andrews wrote:

| visik7 wrote on 23/02/05 18:35:

|> the kernel from http://www.fsmware.com/xenofreebsd/5.3/ after
|> some editing of freebsd.exemple try to boot it and this is what I
|> got:

erroneously I reply to you instead of ML
anyway  I tried with

disk = [ 'file:/xen/mdroot-5.3-small,loop0,w' ]
extra = "vfs.root.mountfrom=ufs:/dev/xbd0a"

and the behaviour is the same.

I've just played about with my config file, and unless I include the net config in the extra string, I also get the hang you're seeing.

Try something like this, even if you don't actually want the networking:

extra = "boot.netif.ip=10.1.70.28"
extra += ",boot.netif.netmask=255.255.255.240"
extra += ",boot.netif.gateway=10.1.70.17"
extra += ",vfs.root.mountfrom=ufs:/dev/xbd0a"
extra += ",boot_verbose=yes"

Chris.