From: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sam Howard
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2005 2:56 PM
To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Domain0 booting on LVM device

Hi.

I've been banging my head on this and can't seem to quite get it.

I've got 2 other Xen boxes running, so I know I'm not totally
incompetent  :)

On my new server, I am experimenting with having Domain0 boot with the
root
filesystem on an LVM device.  /boot is still a 50M EXT3 partition, and /
(root)
should be found on /dev/mapper/rootvg-rootlv (rootlv in the disk group
rootvg).

The default kernel boots OK.

I get booted up to the point where it can't find the / (root) and looks
for a
floppy (none installed) or an NFS root.  Hitting the "any" key blips by
an error
message that I can't read quick enough and reboots.

Has anyone gotten this to work yet?

Ideally, I'd like to get to the point where my Xen server boots off of a
CD or
USB stick and has all of it's "disk" hosted off of an external server
(NFS,
iSCSI, something).

My linux distro is Debian Sarge (testing).

Thanks!
Sam