RE: [Xen-devel] xen brings machine in a boot loop. Serial console output attached.

OK, I think the mystery is solved: I was mislead by the MHz of the CPU; 233 Mhz, I looked it up a intel cpu product table and concluded that it must be a Pentium Pro. But after looking a bit more carefully it seems to be a Pentium MMX at 233 Mhz, and that is a P5 class. Pardon me for this mistake.
Lukily there is always something good in a bad experience, I learned a lot about serial consoles...

Regards,

Filip Sergeys

On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 12:17, Ian Pratt wrote:
 > And then the machine reboots automatically. Is my hardware
> simply inadequate for xen?
> Pentium 200Mhz (P6-class)

Pentiums are not P6. Do you mean a Pentium Pro?

> 64 MB ram

You need more memory to do anything meaningful.

Ian