RE: [Xen-devel] Xen and Vanderpool

BTW, docs/misc/VMX_changes.txt would answer such questions.

Jun
From: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
jean-paul.pigache@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 7:09 AM
To: Steven Hand
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Xen and Vanderpool

Steve,

I have a couple of questions about the support of Vanderpool by Xen :

"Yes - works just fine. We can currently support an unmodified
Linux kernel with fully virtualized devices, etc."

I assume that for the virtualized devices you are using the same
Front-End device drivers as the current ones. Correct ?

The work necessary to take benefit of the Vanderpool Technology should
be located in the Xen hypervisor.
Does this require a brand new development or only some changes to the
current hypervisor ?

Will most of these changes be compatible for the support of Vanderpool
on IA64 or will the work have to be done twice (for IA32 then for IA64)
?
Regards
Jean-Paul