[Xen-devel] Other additional vnet questions

  • To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "B.G. Bruce" <bgb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 12:15:19 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 16:17:26 +0000

Some other questions I have about vnets.

1)      Can one vif belong to more than one vnet at the same time?
2)      Can you run more than one vnet on the same bridge?

ex. bridge=mgmt
        vnetid=1 mac=aa:00:00:00:00:01
        vnetid=2 mac=aa:00:00:00:00:01

        vnetid=1 mac=aa:00:00:00:00:02
        vnetid=3 mac=aa:00:00:00:00:02

        vnetid=1 mac=aa:00:00:00:00:03

        vnetid=3 mac=aa:00:00:00:00:04

domU1 mac=aa:00:00:00:00:01 bridge=mgmt

domU2 mac=aa:00:00:00:00:02 bridge=mgmt

domU3 mac=aa:00:00:00:00:03 bridge=mgmt

domU4 mac=aa:00:00:00:00:04 bridge=mgmt

all four hosts have an unique ip assigned from 192.168.1.0/24

domU1 can see domU2 and domU3

domU2 can see domU1 and domU4

dom3 can see domU1

dom4 can see domU2

Will this work?  I would try it out myself, but being that I can't
compile the code just yet, I thought I'd pick someone else's brain on
this while I work on the build issues.

B.