Re: [Xen-devel] hardware-watchdog driver problems in linux 2.6.10-xen0

Hrrrrmm.  I don't see anything obvious in either the driver or the userspace
program that could cause a trip up here...

> I'm trying to run w83627hf_wdt.ko watchdog driver in domain 0 (xenlinux
> 2.6.10-xen0), but the driver doesn't seem to work (the machine reboots all
> the time after the watchdog-timeout set in BIOS).

Can you check the user space watchdog daemon is running? (as root)

> Is there something that could prevent the driver from accessing the
> watchdog-hardware (io-ports/registers) ?

Not in dom0, although this would be the case in other domains.

> I also tried to run userspace program to check the status of the watchdog..
> it simply returns zeroes all the time, meaning communication failure with
> the watchdog.. could this be related to xen?

You did run this with root privileges, right?

Cheers,
Mark