Re: [Xen-devel] Re: xen 2.0.x and debian

  • To: Adam Heath <doogie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Travis Newman <panickedthumb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 01:34:50 -0500
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 06:35:30 +0000

Ok, I've uploaded to debian's experimental tree.  This is to make certain it
doesn't blow up when people install it(even tho I'm using it locally).

The main problem with it is that it doesn't do upgrades from 1.2 at all.

All the above TODO items are solved, except that the xendomains init script
doesn't implement force-reload.

If you want to fetch the packages before they are processed thru debian's NEW
archive, then visit http://people.debian.org/~doogie/packages/.  The debs, and
source archives, are both there.

Are there any plans for Xen kernel debs? That's where I was having the problems-- the packages installed fine but the kernel still didn't work as expected. Mark Williamson and I have been writing back and forth for about a week trying to figure out WHY it's not working, so if you have any insight you might be able to provide, I can send you the thread or start cc'ing you if you want. Mark mentioned the possibility of getting a Debian guru in on the conversation.

Or if there are any specific Debian instructions for compiling the xen0 kernel that you could provide, that might help a lot!

The BASIC problems were that I couldn't get a fat partition on hdb to mount, and alsa wouldn't work. But it goes a bit deeper than that, and I'll explain more if you decide you have any time and would like to help.

Thanks a million!
Travis