Re: [Xen-devel] Re: xen 2.0.x and debian

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005, Adam Heath wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Nuutti Kotivuori wrote:
>
> > Tom Hibbert wrote:
> > > I think we are waiting on 2.6.10 to get accepted into testing.  If
> > > you're tired of waiting you can build the debs yourself (like I did
> > > :)
> > >
> > > http://people.debian.org/~doogie/xen_2.0.3-0.diff.gz
> >
> > Please add 'dh-kpatches' to build-deps.
>
> Already done, just not uploaded there.  I'll do so when I wake up.
>
> Here is the list of things left to do, before uploading:
>
> * Disable 2.4.29 patch generation.  This kernel source is not yet in
>   debian(arg!).
>
> * Copy package descriptions from 1.2, and extend for 2.0.
>
> * Verify sanity of xendomains init script, as far as debian policy is
>   concerned.
>
> * Generate pristine 2.6.10 source from debian kernel source, instead of
>   requiring ../linux-2.6.10.tar.bz2 to exist.
>
> * Allow for installation of xend(and friends) when not running a xen kernel.
>   The code currently breaks badly if a system dual-boots.  Users are also
>   prone to install a set of tool debs and the kernel in one run, before
>   rebooting into the new kernel.
>
> The above are all that is required for an upload to experimental.  I need to
> do upgrade testing from 1.2 before I can upload to unstable, however.

I forgot a major show-stopper, that is keeping me from uploading these to
debian.

Xen requires latex2html to build it's docs.  This package is non-free.  At the
very least, this would put xen in contrib.

Would disabling the doc generation for the debian package be ok?  If not, then
an alternative to latex2html needs to be found.