Re: [Xen-devel] Mapping pages from dom0

Jacob Gorm Hansen wrote:
Mark Williamson wrote:

I am mapping some pages in a domU from dom0 userspace. Doing that once I
know the page numbers is fairly trivial, but what is the recommended way
of communicating one or more page numbers from domU to dom0, hopefully
without having to modify xend?

Hrrrm. There was talk of a simple generic control message that could be used for this sort of thing but I'm not sure if it's been implemented.

Sad. I tried sticking this at the last four bytes of the shared_info page, but apparently that one gets cleared every now and then :-(

Anyway, for now I guess I can just extend the shared_info_t struct and things should work, but in the longer run it might be nice to have some kind of simple mechanism for doing this stuff.

Jacob