Re: [Xen-devel] Re: xenning gentoo

Hi Eric,
I'm currently in the process of revamping the ebuilds, as they need to be updated to xen-2.0.3 (and soon xen-2.0.4). I'm planning a rewrite such that the kernel ebuilds depend on the xen ebuild, with proper version dependencies included. The idea is, that the xen ebuild will install all of it's source etc into /usr/src/ and from there the kernel ebuilds can use the correct files to patch a pristine kernel source tree into a xen kernel source using the currently installed version of xen. Hopefully it will be automated enough that when you install a new version of xen, new kernel source trees will automatically be created tvia the dependencies in the ebuilds.

I can still give you a copy of the originals however. They just don't work terribly well with some of the newer versions of xen (the 2.4 kernel source tree isn't created correctly).

Eric S. Johansson wrote:

Scott Mohekey wrote:

I have working ebuilds for xen, and both domain 0 and unpriviledged domain kernels. If you'd like I could email them to the list. I'm also going to be upgrading the ebuilds to work with the 2.6.10 release of the linux kernel at some point in the near future.

I'm afraid I dropped your kind offer on the floor. I apologize for being so careless. I would appreciate getting copies of the ebuilds just in case your instructions (which I am now just getting back to) don't work.

---eric