RE: [Xen-devel] Xen and VLANs

> I am using Xen 2.0 with Mandrake 10.1 based hosts and guests.
>
> There seems to be some sort of issue with VLANs and MTUs?

The interface in your dom0 can't support the normal ethernet mtu because
of the VLAN headers. We need to add a way of allowing the backend vif to
signal this to the frontend so that the maximum MTU is adjusted
appropriately.

This is already planned for Xen 3.0. For the moment, I'm afriad you'll
need to reduce the MTU manually in the guest.

Ian