Re: [Xen-devel] Error: Error creating domain: (13, 'Permission denied')

Steven,

Thanks for the reply. I did a 'make install-tools', and the problems has gone away. Obviously, there was a mismatch between the user space tools and the version of xen running. I am wondering why 'make world' did not do this automatically when I first built this version of Xen.

David

Steven Hand wrote:

Please post the output of /var/log/xend.log

[2005-01-19 03:33:16 xend] INFO (SrvDaemon:607) Xend Daemon started
[2005-01-19 03:33:17 xend] INFO (XendRoot:91) EVENT> xend.start 0
[2005-01-19 03:33:28 xend] ERROR (SrvBase:162) op=create: Error creating domain: (13, 'Permission denied')
Traceback (most recent call last):

So this error seems to only be possible due to:
 - a version mismatch between the user-space tools and the version
of xen actually running, or - a failure to access the privcmd interface in dom0 In the former case, you should see something in /var/log/xend-debug.log (like "Dom0 operation failed - need to rebuild the user-space tool set?") In the latter case, it would probably mean you were running xend as non-root. Do either of these seem plausible?
cheers,

S.