Re: [Xen-devel] Kernel crash

> On Wednesday 19 January 2005 17:54, Derrik Pates wrote:
> > Are you doing 'make ARCH=xen (menu|x|g)config' ? If you don't, the
> > config will probably not be correct for your target architecture.
>
> Yes, I do.
>
> The problem is that the console breaks as soon as you set
> CONFIG_XEN_PHYSDEV_ACCESS is set to y. With that setting CONFIG_VT_CONSOLE,
> CONFIG_HW_CONSOLE, CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE, etc. are set to 'y' and there is no
> way to turn them off again.

Yes, that looks to be a "feature" of the drivers/char/Kconfig file,
which we only parse for configurations that are to work with
hardware-access privileges.

So that probably ties up tty0, but you should still be able to
register xencons as ttyS0 unless you have accidentally included serial
drivers in your kernel config:
 "xencons=ttyS console=ttyS0"

 -- Keir