RE: [Xen-devel] ARP problems in -testing?

  • To: "Ron Watkins" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 17:46:22 -0000
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 17:52:56 +0000

> Here's the interesting part: pinging from the slave domain to
> any external
> host, including Domain 0, also works... and immediately
> 'unsticks' the net
> connection, so that everything works as I expect it to.

This may be an issue with the bridge, though its hard to see why its
causing you problems and not anyone else.

If you ping the guest domain from dom0, do you see arp requests arriving
inside the guest domain?  The bridge won't learn the guest's MAC address
until the guest sends its first packet. This shouldn't be a problem as
the incoming ARP should be a broadcast packet, and hence get forwarded
anyway.

What happens if you use a routed setup as per Keir's recent checkin?

Cheers,
Ian