[Xen-devel] Status of AGP

  • To: Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Jacob Gorm Hansen <jacobg@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 15:18:01 -0800
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 00:08:26 +0000

hi,

I noticed a lot of debugging going on on this list with regards to Xen and AGP and graphics cards.

I would like to play with a recent Xen version, and try on do some graphics virtualisation work, on my Thinkpad T42p with ATI FireGL (Radeon) card.

Has anyone gotten a configuration like this to work with Xen (currently, on Xen 2.01 from tar.gz) I am able to compile and load the ati 'fglrx' kernel module in dom0, but it says it can't find the graphics hardware, so I get no 3d accelleration.

I noticed that improving this situation is on the roadmap, but given all the noise about this on the list I was wondering if any progress has been made so far?

thanks,
Jacob