[Xen-devel] Re: potentially nasty oops on startup

Hello,

>On Sun, 5 Dec 2004, Rik van Riel wrote:
>
> > I"m getting the following oops on startup, and I"m not quite
> > sure why.  It looks nasty though, with an invalid page being
> > mapped into a process, and a strange looking EIP ...
> >
> > do_wp_page: bogus page at address 00000449
> > VM: killing process kmodule
> > Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address > > 00000449

> OK, figured it out.  It"s kmodule, mmaping /dev/mem and
> making vm86 calls.  Select fragments from a strace:
(...)

I'm having the same problem on Xen 2.0.3 using the stock XenLinux 2.6.10 kernel. This didn't happen with Xen 2.0.1 and XenLinux 2.6.9. Is there a fix available? in -testing perhaps? The distribution in domain 0 is FC3.

Greetings, Thomas

--
Thomas Ronner
Computer Systems Group