[Xen-devel] Testing Xen on IA64 (for Dan Magenheimer)

Hello Dan,

> The Linux distribution I uses is a Red Hat EL-AS 3 (update 4) and the
> platform is an old LION (HP rx4610) (4xIA64 - 666 MHz, 1GB memory).
As we say in france, "Les cordonniers sont toujours les plus mal chausses",
and in your native language: "Nobody is worse shod than the shoemaker's wife".

For the moment, I have nothing else than this Lion platform.
I'm waiting after a Tiger system for the end of this month.
Soon, I would be able to open a zoo.

Philippe.

> >From Dan Magenheimer
> This is an old Itanium 1 (i.e. Merced) box that I don't believe anyone is selling
> anymore. (All currently sold servers are Itanium 2, i.e. McKinley)  It may work,
> though recent versions of Linux (and thus Xenlinux) may require a CONFIG option, and
> some Linux ia64 distributions (e.g. RHEL4) have obsoleted support for Itanium 1.
>
> If you have access to an Itanium 2 server, I recommend you use that instead as
> otherwise you may run into problems that will be hard to reproduce.  The Lion could
> still be used as a development platform...
Philippe.