[Xen-devel] ne2k-pci in stock xen config

Not sure what criteria should be used to evaluate this request, but
I'll throw it out there...

Please consider adding CONFIG_NE2K_PCI to the stock xen0 .config.

Crappy card or not, it's the only card I've personally seen a number
of in real machines out there.  (CONFIG_LANCE is the only other one).
My strongest argument is that it is often emulated thus qemu for
instance provides all its virtual cards as NE2K clones.

This is in the context of developing a bootable CD.  I'm currently
using an unmodified xen0 build.  The Xen team could reasonably say
here, "Sorry, this is a slipperly slope.  build your own kernel;
you'll probably want either a fatter kernel on a CD for demos anyway
or a slimmer kernel for purpose-built situations."

Can't hurt to ask.

PS. It looks like bochs also uses NE2000 for its emulated NICs.

PPS. My preference would be for =y instead of =m for a network card
like this.

-- jared@xxxxxxxxxxx

"A black hole is where God is dividing by zero."
        -- attributed to Roger Smith