Re: [Xen-devel] NPTL/TLS problem in -unstable ?

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 05:14:28PM -0500, Rik van Riel wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Rik van Riel wrote:
> >On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Christian Limpach wrote:
> >
> >>Since you mentioned this in another message yesterday, I
> >>tried booting xen-unstable with /lib/tls in place today
> >>and it worked.  Do you have any local changes in your kernel
> >>or a different glibc?
> >
> >OK, vanilla linux-2.6.10 as compiled from the xen tree
> >seems to work, though the first "ldd" after an ldconfig
> >seems to segfault ;)
>
> I was wrong.  Moving /lib/tls back in place after the system
> has started up works, but booting with /lib/tls already there
> hangs the system hard...

I've given it another try (since my previous test was with a non-default
kernel config file) but it still works for me (boot with /lib/tls in place).
When it hangs, is Xen still alive, i.e. does pressing ctrl-a 3 times
switch to Xen's console?  Can you give some more information, like what
CPU you're using and can you find out what the last version was which
worked?  Does 2.0-testing work?

    christian