Re: [Xen-devel] FreeBSD/Xen ugliness

I've seen the same timing issues. We do call yield where appropriate:

static void
cpu_idle_default(void)
{
#if 0
        /*
         * we must absolutely guarentee that hlt is the
         * absolute next instruction after sti or we
         * introduce a timing window.
         */
        __asm __volatile("sti; hlt");
#endif
        enable_intr();
        HYPERVISOR_yield();
}

So I'm not sure what the problem is. After the 5.3 work and coredump is
done I might look into it. There may have been some fixes to the clock
code in the meantime.

                                -Kip