Re: [Xen-devel] Is continuous replication of state possible?

Ian,  as you noted earlier, on an MP machine getting reliable replay
will be difficult - locks need to be acquired in the same order during
the replay as they were acquired initially.   In my previous life we had
toyed with implementing a  similar strategy on a microkernel  (Chorous)
based unix system.

K. Y

>>> Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 1/7/2005 12:29:27 PM >>>
> On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Ian Pratt wrote:
>
> > It basically just requires deterministic execution and event
> > injection.
>
> This will be hard when running crypto programs that get
> their random numbers directly from the CPU ...

Sure, when CPUs finally get embedded crypto features (and
applications start using and _insisting_ on their presence) we'll
have problems. For the moment, the technique should work.

Ian