Re: [Xen-devel] xen 2.0(.1) stability

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Ian Pratt wrote:

> > So far, we are extremely happy with the stability of 2.0.  Congrats.
>
> That's good to hear.
>
> Do you still use NFS root? Do you use 2.4 or 2.6 kernels?

Yup.  Pure nfsroot.  pxegrub, nfsroot dom0, nfsroot domU.

The only change, is that for 1.0/1.2, we used dhcp on the domU nodes.  For
2.0, we use static routing.

> > Well, it took us a long time to actually deploy a working 2.0 server.  The
> > default method of using a bridge broke the all nfs-root setup we had(our cpu
> > nodes are diskless; makes them easier to maintain).
>
> I want to get example scripts for a routed (as opposed to bridged
> setup) checked into the tree...

I'm not fully satified with the scripts; that abuse parameters for their own
nefarious purposes.  Maybe when we convert the second machine to 2.0(it's 1.2
atm).