[Xen-devel] Re: XEN/IA64 VHPT support

> Dan:
>       I may miss something in the source code, because I find the code
> for long format VHPT is there, but I didn't find any place to put entry
> into LVHPT.
> Thanks,Eddie

You are correct.  Finishing the VHPT is on the "to do" list that
I posted on xen-devel on Dec20.  I put in some basic structure
but decided to focus on base functionality rather than performance
for the alpha release.  I believe that not only is the code missing
for inserting an entry, but also for soft-walking the LVHPT if the
hardware walker misses.

Since this is probably a huge performance impact, it would be
a valuable contribution to add this code if you are interested.
There was a Linux/ia64 patch to support LVHPT posted to the
linux-ia64 mailing list a few months ago (from Australia if
I recall) and I was going to look at that to see if there
was code that could be leveraged/reused.  I also have some
code from a previous project that I was going to dig up.

If you decide to work on this, please keep in touch so that
effort is not duplicated.

Thanks,
Dan Magenheimer